When you are trying to download and install an app with a .apk file extension on your Android phone from somewhere other than the Google Play Store, then you may get the error message “App Not Installed”.
Sometimes, this error also appears when you are trying to download and install the apps from the Google Play Store on your Android phone, still, you can get an Application Not Installed Error on Android.
App Not Installed
If you are one of them who are getting this error during downloading and installing the app and want to fix this issue successfully, then you are at the right place. With this article, I am going to share all the possible solutions regarding this error, and to read and follow this whole article, you can fix this error successfully. So now, let’s take a look below to know more about the solutions regarding this error.
Causes of App Not Installed Issue
If you are getting this issue, then before going to solve this issue, first you should have to know about the possible causes of this issue, due to which you are getting this error. If you don’t know about the causes of this error, then you will not be able to solve this error successfully. Below I am going to share all the possible causes that are behind App Not Installed Error on Android.
Due to Corrupted Files
The corrupted files that you have downloaded will always be the main problem behind this error. Corrupted files will cause this error to occur. So, you have to be sure about the files that you are going to download are from an authentic and trusted source.
Before downloading the files, you should always check the comments section and let’s check what people are saying there about the file. If all the comments are in favor of that file, then you do not hesitate to download it.
Sometimes a file can also corrupt due to a virus attack. To check the corrupt files, you have to check their properties. If you will find that the file will be smaller in size than the original size. Then it means that some data is missing from that file.
Not Enough Storage
Sometimes low storage in your phone will also be a cause of the issue app not installed error. As an android package, it consists of different types of files. Now, if you have less storage space in your android phone then the installer won’t be able to install some of the files from the package. And every bit of these files may be needed for the app to work. Because of this, it fails to install, and then you will get an error saying “App Not Installed”.
Insufficient System Permissions
The insufficient system permissions are also the main cause of this error. And due to this, you will get a pop-up with the error that will display on your phone screen. During the installation of a file, they may also cause an unknown code error.
Due to Unsigned App
An app will always have to be signed by the Keystore. The Keystore is known as a binary file that contains a complete set of private keys for apps. Because of this, apps work on android devices. Files that have not been downloaded from the official Google Play Store, will be more likely to have missing signatures from the Keystore. And due to this missing signature, you will get the problem during the installation of that file.
Due to Incompatible Version
When you try to download and install the After Pulse game on the Android KitKat version, which was actually made for the Android OS 5 (lollipop), then you will get an error screen. And you should have to know that the incompatible file version is causing this error screen. And there is not any way to install an incompatible version of the file. Unless you are applying some serious twist on your android phone.
App Not Installed Error on Android – How to Fix It?
In this section, I am going to share some best solutions to fix the issue “App Not Installed Error on Android”. To read and follow this whole section, you will be able to install all your desired apps on your Android smartphone. So now, keep reading and follow the below-given solutions to fix this issue successfully.
Method 1 – Eliminating the problem by changing the app codes
- For this solution, first, you have to open the Play Store or Google Play Store on your android device.
- Then there you have to make a search for an app called “APK Editor Pro”.
- Once you get the app there, then you have to download the application on your android device. (Note: This app is a paid application) You can also find this application after making a simple Google search.
- Once you download and install the app, then you have to open it and select the “APK from the app” or “Select an APK File” option (It depends on your situation and which app you want to edit).
- Now, you have to navigate through the available apps on your android phone and then you have to locate your desired app.
- After that, you have to make a click on your selected APP and then you have to press the “Common Edit”.
- Now, you have to change the install location of the app to “Internal Only” as per your requirement. While doing this, you have to keep in mind that by using the APK Editor Pro, you can also change the app version of the code as well. So now, you can feel free to play with the application. The more you will try it, the more you will learn about these things.
- After the modifications, you have to be sure to apply the changes to make a click on the Save, And then you have to install the modified version of the app.
Before the installation of the modified version of the app, you have to be sure to delete all other before loaded things that relate to the app.
Method 2 – Resetting the app preferences
- For this solution, first, you have to go to the settings.
- Then you have to go to the apps or “Apps & notifications” (This is on a few phones). Then you have to switch to the all apps tab.
- On the All Apps tab, you can see a “three-dot” that will be on the top right corner, you have to simply click on it.
- After that, you can see some features that will pop up. There you have to click on the “Reset App Preferences”.
- Now, you can see a dialogue box will open. There you have to click on the “RESET APPS”.
- All is done perfectly. Now, you have to try to install the app and then see are you getting an error or not.
Method 3 – To Disable the Google Play protect
The Google play store also plays a major role in this App not Installed Error. It automatically detects the apps that are not available on the Play Store and those apps are not allowed to be installed. Still, if you are trying to install an application that is not available on the play store, then you may get App not Installed error. So now, if you want to install that application, then you should have to disable the Google Play Protect.
- First, you have to open the Play Store on your android phone.
- Then you have to click on the “Hamburger” menu icon.
- After that there you have to find the “Play Protect” option and once you find it, then you have to open it.
- Once the “Play Protect” will open, then there you have to click on the “Settings icon” that you can find in the top right corner.
- Then there you have to disable the “Scan device for security threats” to make a click on the toggle button. (Note: After installing, you have to turn it back ON)
- Now, you will be able to install the application successfully.
Method 4 – Avoid the installation from the SD-Cards (for old phones)
The SD card contains a large number of contaminated files. And these contaminated files sometimes are actually harmful to your device. So, you have to try to avoid installing the apps from the SD Cards. Since the phone installers cannot parse the package completely. Thus try to download the file on the internal storage. And then you have to install it from there which is always a better choice.
Method 5 – Try to “Sign” the “App” to follow the following steps:
- For this solution, first, you have to download an app named “apk-signer” from the android play store.
- Once you download and install the app, then you have to open it and then you have to go to the dashboard.
- There you can see three sections “SIGNING” “VERIFYING” & “KEYSTORES”. Among those sections, you have to click on the “SIGNING” section.
- Once you will be in that section, then at the bottom of that section, you can see a “pencil-like” icon, and then you have to click on that icon. After the click, your file manager will open, then you have to select your application which you have got the app not installed error.
- There you can see a “Save” button on the bottom, you have to simply click on it and then your application will automatically “Signed” within a few
- Now, you have to click on the “Signed” application to install it on your android phone.
- If this method did not help you, then you can go with the next method.
Method 6 – Clearing the data
By clearing the data and cache of the package installer, you can overcome this annoying error. For this, you have to simply read and follow the below-given steps. (Note: This solution is for some old phones)
- First, you have to go to settings.
- Then you have to go to the apps.
- After that, you have to go to the package installer.
- Then there you have to clear data and cache.
- And then you have to run the app and let’s check out the problem.
Method 7 – Unknown source installation
Companies already disable all the unknown source installations by default. And because of these settings, you can face the problem. This is because the system will not allow apps that are not downloaded from the Play Store to be installed. Because it considers them unhealthy applications for your device. You have to be sure to turn on your unknown source installation. Before going to install an app that is downloaded from any third-party website. Below I am going to share some options that you can follow to enable the Unknown source installation. So now, let’s take a look below to know more about them.
Enabling On Android Oreo or Higher
- You can enable this option when you are going to install any third-party apps.
- Once you download your application successfully, then you have to click on that and then you will get a Pop-Up notification regarding “Unknown app installation”, so you have to simply head over to the “settings”.
- After that, you just have to enable the “Allow from this source” to click on the toggle button.
Enabling On Android Nougat or Lower
- It is so easy to enable the unknown source installation on Android Nougat or Lower. For this, first, you have to go to your phone settings and then open the “Security” or other security option that depends on your phone.
- Once you will be under the security, then there you have to find “Unknown sources” and then you have to enable it to make a click on the toggle button.
- Now, you will be successfully installed the third-party applications without getting any errors if the unknown sources create any issues.
More Related Guides:
I hope so, all the details that I have shared above in this article will be beneficial for you. Above in this article, I have shared all the possible solutions that you can use to solve App Not Installed Error on Android. To read and follow this whole article, you will successfully solve this issue.
Now, if you feel better with this approach or if you have any queries or any suggestions regarding this article, then you can drop your comment below in the given comment section and can share your experience with us.