In the world of errors, ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR Google Chrome is considered to be easygoing. This is not because it is hugely found easily, this is because it most likely occurs with Google Chrome and Google Chrome is the most-liked and loved browser in the world.
Google Chrome is one of the best web browsers and it is available on all the major platforms such as Windows, iOS, Android, and Mac users. However, there is a list of other browsers available in the market such as Opera Mini, Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Browser, UC Browser, and many more.
But still, Google Chrome is rated such that it always stays on the top since its inception. err_spdy_protocol_error is one such error that is found in Google Chrome and hence you should be all-time aware of the solution so that you can fix the ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR on any random hour.
ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR Chrome Error
Many of the internet users of the world have set their default to browse as Google Chrome, this is maybe because of its high popularity. But, Google Chrome is not completely secure, as when we browse through various websites on Google Chrome then err spdy protocol error most likely occurs.
Hence in order to solve the error completely with the help of the simplest method, we are here to guide you on the right path by proving various solutions for How to fix err spdy protocol error.
Hello Guys! Welcome to Tech Tips, today we will be updated with one of the most reoccurring and dedicated errors that is err_spdy_protocol_error. We will provide you some of the top best solutions on how to fix ERR SPDY PROTOCOL ERROR and how you can get rid of it permanently.
Also, there will be a detailed discussion on what is this err_spdy_protocol_error and all other information related to it. Hence, read the full article carefully in order to get proper information for the fixation of error and get all the updated solutions of the err_spdy_protocol_error.
What is ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR in Google Chrome?
As we all know that err_spdy_protocol_error is the most common error in the world. Basically “This page is not available” is an error code that is displayed on your screen.
This error can be solved easily but at times it is found a bit tricky. Hence, before going to all the solutions let us know what commonly happens on Google Chrome when this error is encountered in Windows 10.
What is Chrome ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR
You might have observed it before that, while surfing over your favorite websites such as YouTube, Facebook, Wikipedia, Reddit, Twitter, or Tumbler you must have encountered an error.
The SPDY was Chrome’s protocol, which is designed for the security of the web pages and hence it also increases the speed of the websites. But now this is not the case as now the chrome error occurs much often just because Google has stopped its support to the SPDY protocol.
What Causes ERR SPDY PROTOCOL ERROR
This Chrome error which is known as SPDY protocol error it is majorly associated with the HTTP enabled websites. However, there are few reasons which lead to the occurrence of such errors.
Some of them are mentioned below such as:
- Outdated Google Chrome Browser.
- Antivirus Blocking.
- Firewall Blocking.
The err_spdy_protocol_error is not affected by the use of VPN (Virtual Private Network). It only appears on your screen and later lowers your working speed and affects your efficiency, regardless if you use VPN or not.
Fix the ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR
Err Spdy Protocol error is mainly due to network issues and thus it can be resolved easily. In order to fix the err_spdy_protocol_error chrome permanently, you can first try with the simple test that is, you can clear the cache.
If doing so eliminates the error then you can avoid the trial of all the solutions which are mentioned below. But if clearing cache doesn’t help you out then trying the below solution is the only option you got. Hence we have provided some of the top fixes for chrome spdy_protocol_error.
Solution 1 – Flush Socket Method
In this method you can opt is flushing socket in Google chrome. So, follow the instruction carefully provided below.
- Firstly open your browser and enter the below mentioned URL in the address box >> chrome://net-internals/#sockets and then press Enter. You will be redirected towards a new page which is shown below.
- Next, tap on the Arrow present in the top right corner of the display. And then from the drop-down list tap on “Flush Sockets”.
- Next, return to the web page you were trying to load. Look if it is working properly, if yes then this error is fixed.
- If not, then you need to enter the given URL in the address box – Chrome://net-internals/#events&q=type:SPDY_SESSION%20is:active
- Next, click on “Flush Socket Pools” and then revisit the website in order to check if it is working correctly or not.
Solution 2 – Flush DNS Cache from System
In order to solve the web page is not available error, you can try flushing the DND cache from your computer or laptop. Just follow the instruction provided below carefully and get rid of the error instantly.
- In case you are working on a Windows PC, then what you have to do is just open the Command Prompt, in the case of Linux OS, open Terminal.
- Next, type the following command in the Command Prompt of window or Terminal.
- Next, provide the given commands and then press Enter after every command.
- For Windows Users:
Ipconfig/ flush DNS
For Linux Users: nscd -I hosts
For Mac Users: dscacheuti –flushcache; sudo killal –HUPmDNSResponder
- All of these commands will help you to flush the DNS cache. Now you can try visiting the website showing the err_spdy_protocol_error chrome error code.
By renewing IP, you can easily fix it, and in turn, even you will have to complete Internet Configuration.
Solution 3 – Clear Cookies and Cache from the system
At times it is noticed that the error is due to security issues, hence you can try this method of clearing all cache and cookies from your system to fix the error. I order to turn it out successfully just follow the instruction provided below.
- Visit the Settings of your browser and then on the History tab.
- Next, tap on the Clear browsing data option.
- Now, a pop-up box will be visible in front of you. Look at the checkboxes for the two options is “Cached Images and Files,” “Cookies and Other site and plug-in data”.
- Also, make sure that the other checkboxes are not selected.
- Now you can set the “Obliterate the following items” option to “the beginning of time.”
- Next, tap on Clear browsing data option, and check whether the error is fixed or not.
Solution 4 – Update your Google Chrome Browser
One of the main reasons for the web page is not available is that you might be using an outdated version of Google Chrome. As we stated earlier that the Google now doesn’t support the SPDY protocol and hence this error might originate due to the existence of the SPDY protocol in the Google Chrome version that you are using.
So it is advised that if you really want to get proper results then download the latest and updated version of your all-time favourite browser. You can also get this latest version of the given link as well.
Solution 5 – Use the Incognito Mode of Chrome
One of the easiest solutions is you can try browsing websites in incognito mode. This is a simple procedure that can be done in seconds. If you have no idea of the incognito mode of the chrome follow the instructions provided below.
Google Chrome > Menu > New Incognito Window
You can also get access to any of the websites in incognito mode using this shortcut key.
Solution 6 – Check Firewall and Antivirus Setting
In case the above solution is not working out, you can try this solution as it will definitely fix the error. In order to check the Firewall and Antivirus, Setting follows the simple instructions provided below.
- Locate to the Settings option in the Avast Security software of your system.
- Now, in the active protection tab, tap on Customize Web Shield Protection.
- Next, add the required websites to this section separately.
In case you have Avast or any other antivirus security software, then you can give a try to this solution. But keep in mind that while adding these websites make sure that the URLs are correct. Otherwise, the problem won’t get resolve. You can also try fixing the error by disabling the HTTPS Scanning after opening Avast Web Shield. Tap on the Main Setting and hence tap on the checkbox beside Enable HTTPS Scanning.
Solution 7 – Chrome Clean-up Tool
With the help of the Chrome Clean up tool, you can clean the issue that causes this problem and hence resolves it. So, you need to download the Chrome clean-up utility with the help of the link provided below and then run it. Also, you can check the blocked websites.
More Fixing Guides:
In the above article, we have provided various solutions for the well-known error ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR. In case any of the above solutions is not working out then you can try uninstalling and then reinstalling the web browser.
If the article for err_spdy_protocol_error helped you then share it with your friends. In case you are stuck somewhere or are facing any query hit the comment section below, we will get back to you ASAP.