Recently, we get lots of questions from people about how two-factor authentication can be turned off. Mainly, two-factor authentication is one of the irritating processes for some of the users. They have lots of concerns like they want to know the process of how to turn off two-factor authentication on an iPhone. It is really helpful to secure your account as it will make it really hard for the users to sign in to their Apple account.
How to Turn off Two Factor Authentication on iPhone?
Today, here in this article, we are going to talk about the process of how to turn off two factor authentication on iPhone 11. Also, the main motive of this article is to help the users to get the proper answer to these questions. You need to know that it is really possible for the users to disable two-factor authentication on Apple devices and the question is how to do that?
How To Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication On iPhone?
So, there is a method on how to turn off two factor authentication on iPhone and also it is completely possible but there are lots of chances that you cannot do this if you have already turned on this, and you also need to turn it off within 2 to 3 weeks.
Also, you can also make a visit to the apple.com website and enter into the manage account section. You can be able to simply turn it off and to do this, you have to simply follow the steps which we are sharing below.
- First of all, you need to enter into the official website which is appleid.apple.com.
- Then, you need to enter your Apple Id and then you need to enter your password.
- Simply make a click on the Login button.
- After this, you need to enter into the security section.
- Then, make a click on the Edit button.
- Finally, you have to make a click on the “Turn Off Two-factor Authentication”.
- When you make a click on it, then it will also confirm your action of: If you turn off two-factor authentication on your iPhone, your account will be protected with only your password and security questions”.
- Here, you have to click on the continue button.
If you are not able to find out the option of disabling two-factor authentication on Apple Id then it means that it can’t be disabled. As we told you earlier that it can’t be turned off after two weeks or above and in this case, you can’t be able to turn off this feature. Also, Apple will not allow the users because of some of the reasons.
Your account is highly secure when you enable the two-factor authentication as after enabling this feature, no one will be able to access your account even after knowing the Apple ID and password of your account. Also, lots of iOS and macOS features need this extra security level.
Apple came up with the two-factor authentication feature in the year 2015 along with the iOS 9 and OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
You need to know that the two-factor authentication and also the two-step verification is not the same and they are completely different. Two-step verification is one of the security methods as compared to two-factor authentication.
If you are using two-step verification then you can simply be able to turn it off. Below, we are sharing the process of how to turn off two-step verification on an iPhone.
- First of all, you need to enter into the http://appleid.apple.com/.
- Now, you have to enter your Apple ID and password.
- Then, you have to look for the section of “Security”.
- After this, you have to make a click on the edit button.
- Finally, you have to click on the option of “Two-Step Verification” and then it will ask you to confirm your action.
- You will see a notification that says turning-off two-step verification will make your account less secure. Are you sure you want to process?
- You have to make a click on the confirm button.
You need to know that if you are a user of iOS 11 or macOS High Sierra then your device will automatically enable two-step or two-factor authentication. It will cover all the things about how to turn off two-factor authentication in Apple devices.
What Is Apple Two Factor Authentication?
If you want to know about the apple two factor authentication then we will tell you that it is a kind of security system which needs an additional code apart from the password of your account to make a login into your account by using a new device or by using any of the untrusted devices.
Also, if you are using a system of your friend which you have not used earlier to access your account on the apple login page then you need to enter a code which will be sent to your phone number or on your email address which has been verified already with your account.
They don’t ask you for more code again when you log in to your account successfully until you sign out or delete the account or change your password because of some security issues.
You need to know that two step authentication will enhance security due to the leak of your password or your Apple ID. Also, this feature will ensure the users that their apple Id will get accessed by the iOS or the macOS device only which are trusted.
You May Also Like to Read:
- Amino For Mac
- Confirm Form Resubmission
- Kernel Security Check Failure Windows 10
- SMART Hard Disk Error
We hope that this article will be helpful for you to get to know the process of how to turn off two-factor authentication on an iPhone.
Also, if this article is helpful for you to complete this task in a simple and easy manner then do share this article with other people so that they also get benefited from this article.
Also, if you have any issues or queries related to this, how to turn off two factor authentication on iPhone 12 article then feel free to connect with us by simply dropping your valuable comment in the below-given comment section and we assure you to help you and assist you in a better way.