Problem with wireless adapter or Access point: A wireless adapter is a wireless Network Interface Controller which helps in connecting the pc to the wireless devices.
It does not make use of any wired media. It uses microwave radiation for transmitting the information. It can be Bluetooth, an internet connection, or any connection that requires communication from one point o another.
Problem With Wireless Adapter Or Access Point
It can be inbuilt or it can be placed outside the pc via the USB.
It has two modes of operation: the infrastructure mode and the Ad-hoc mode. The IEEE 802.11 sets the specification for the wireless networks in the computer. The basic specifications include the following:
- The rate at which the data is transferred
- Transmitted power
- Wireless network standards
This 802.11 standard is not present in the Bluetooth.
What is a Problem with Wireless Adapter or Access Point?
The range of wireless networks is also affected by many things. There are certain devices and things that obstruct the waves that are transmitted finally reduction in the speed of the transfer like large electric appliances, fuse boxes metal plumbing, and air conditioning units that can impede a wireless network signal.
How to Fix Problem with Wireless Adapter or Access Point
In today’s world, there is a necessity for the internet in everyone’s life. Everyone wants to connect to eh internet as here you can do any type of work starting from giving a message to anyone to learning any type of activity in which you are interested.
For accessing the internet a wireless adapter is needed and is to be configured properly for the proper functioning of the internet. If you do not configure your adapter properly then you will have some problems accessing the internet.
One such problem is a problem with the wireless network adapter.
In the following article, we will see some of the techniques by which we can detect and correct the problem with the driver for the wireless network connection adapter.
Below are the techniques and solutions on How to fix the problem with wireless adapter or access point:
Technique 1: Reconfiguring the profile – Wireless Network
Sometimes due to the virus in the computer or improper configuration, the wireless profile gets deleted or corrupted and you get an error that you have a problem with your wireless adapter or access point.
For removing this error delete the profile which is currently present on your computer. Deletion of the profiles can be done in the following two ways:
Using Network List:
Using network list to remove the network profile just follow the below steps:
- Point your cursor in the taskbar and click on the bottom-right icon of the network in the taskbar
- A pop-up will open and it will contain the list of the available networks on the pc
- Right-click the profile you want to change
- There is an option to FORGET THE NETWORK. Press the Forget the network button.
- Pressing this icon will delete that network profile from the pc.
- Restart the pc.
Deletion of the profile using Command Prompt:
If you are facing any difficulties in deleting the profile from the above technique then no need to worry, follow the below steps:
- Hover your mouse to the extreme right of the screen.
- A list of icons will appear.
- Search the command prompt by clicking on the Find menu.
- The command prompt will open and type the following command in the window.
- Type: netsh wlan delete profile name=”WirelessProfileName”.
- Just replace WirelessProfileName with your network name.
Technique 2: Check for Latest Drivers Installed on Windows 10, 11
There can be drivers who are not updated or outdated drivers. Open the website where particular your driver can be found and download the latest drivers.
When you went for purchase for your pc you got a CD for your pc.
Although the drivers present on the cd may be outdated it is recommended to install it from the internet only.
Technique 3: Maybe you could be entering the wrong password:
You should always put a password for your network or else your neighbors could be enjoying the free network. Sometimes it is possible that when you are pressing the right key the keyboard may be entering the wrong password.
Double check the password by clicking on the show password button.
Technique 4: Checking using command prompt
There are certain commands which are there so just type the command and get the result. See the below-mentioned codes:
- Open Command prompt as described above procedure.
- You can put the following commands:
netsh int IP reset
check if the problem is solved.
Technique 5: By Removing the Antivirus
Sometimes the antivirus also interferes with the network adapter and the settings. So now uninstall the particular antivirus and see if the problem still persists.
Another option is to temporarily disable the antivirus rather than completely uninstalling it.
Technique 6: See if your network adapter is Disabled/Enabled
Sometimes due to a virus or installing third-party problems in the pc, network-related settings, the adapter may get temporarily disabled. To check whether it got disabled follow the below steps:
- Open This PC window
- Open the control panel and click on the device manager
- A pop-up window will appear and see on the options for the wireless adapter menu on your device manager.
- Right-click on the icon and open the properties
- You will see a driver tab in the device manager and then click on the enable.
- If the enable button is not present then the setting is already enabled.
Technique 7: Setting the Router by Resetting it
Generally, it is the main problem with the driver for the wireless network connection adapter. When the router is configured in an improper way there is a lot of chance that there could be an error.
In order to reset the router, you have to press the reset button that is present on the router. Alternatively, open the router settings and click on the reset tab but the first one is a lot simpler.
With your router, you had a manual with it. So see in the manual and follow the steps to reset the router.
More Similar Guides:
- Spotify++ IPA for iOS 15
- Driver Power State Failure in Windows 10
- Stop Code Memory Management
- Equalizer APO not Working in Windows 10
So now we have the right solution for you to fix Problem with Wireless Adapter or Access Point Windows 11 or Windows 10. If you still have any queries then you can drop your queries in the comment section below.