In this guide, we will tell you all the necessary details on how you can use the default SIM card for doing calls, messages, and mobile data. In case you have a dual SIM card phone, then you have to select the SIM card for doing various operations of calling and mobile data. Sometimes you get a message that Your SIM sent a text message and that happens to be from another SIM where you do not have a balance so it will cost you some extra bucks. So to prevent this type of happenings you have to select the SIM card to make calls and messages.
Your SIM Sent a Text Message
This guide on “iPhone Your SIM Sent a Text Message” will explain and everything you need to know on how to set up the default SIM card. So let us first see what is the default SIM card for calls, messages, and mobile data in dual SIM Android phones.
What is the Default SIM Card in Android Phones?
When you insert the 2 SIMs in both the slots, by default the SIM 1 will be used to make calls, send messages, and utilize mobile data. So the default is SIM 1 unless you change the settings and specify the particular SIM for wireless operations.
For using the mobile data, you can only use 1 SIM at a time and you have to specify the SIM slot for the mobile data. You can also specify a different SIM card for sending messages and a different card for making calls and you might see this error message “Your Primary SIM Sent a Text Message”.
All three settings are totally different from each other and you can use individual SIM for particular work. Some of the Android phones have the facility to take permission to select the SIM slot from the user before placing a call.
How to Select the Default SIM Card for Wireless Operations in dual SIM Android Phones?
We already know that you have to manually select the SIM slot for making calls, sending messages, and using mobile data. Many of the users select a different SIM for placing calls and using mobile data according to their carrier services.
What Does Your SIM Sent a Text Message Mean?
To set up the default SIM card for calls and messages, read the detailed steps below:
- Go to the Settings menu.
- In the settings menu, you have to tap on SIM management.
- In SIM management, you will find the two categories:
SIM Management & Preferred SIM for mobile data, calls, and messages.
- These settings are available in all dual SIM android phones. There may be different settings for different Android vendors but more or less the steps are the same.
In SIM card management you have the following options to change settings:
- Enable or disable the SIM card.
- You can enter the SIM card number for your reference only.
- You can also select the individual color for the SIM card.
As we have discussed that only one SIM card could be assigned for the mobile data. If you do not want to use the mobile data and disable mobile data then you can go to Settings >> Data Usage to completely disable the mobile data.
- Alternatively, to disable the mobile data you can swipe down from the home screen and you will find a mobile data option. Here you can disable and enable the mobile data.
- For sending the text messages, specify the SIM card to perform message sending options.
- For placing calls you can either select the SIM card setting to “Always Ask” or select the particular SIM carrier.
- If you select the “Always Ask” setting, then it will always ask to select the SIM for placing the call.
More Related Guide:
- How to Hide Amazon Orders History
- How to Remove a Device from Spotify
- Which Legislation is Designed to Combat the Growing Crime of Identity Theft
Till now we have discussed how you can change the settings for the mobile data, call the carrier, and send messages and if Your SIM sent a text message. In case you encounter any problem in using this feature, you can send us a message by typing your query in the comments section below. If you have any suggestions then also use the comments section below. Your comments on “Primary Your SIM Send a Text Message” are valuable to us.